Round-Up of Commentary on Open Government Directive
December 8, 2009
- In case you missed it, here is a link to today’s webcast about the issuance of the Open Government Directive. Here is the White House Press Release on the OGD.
- Here is a link to Steve Aftergood’s Secrecy News commentary.
- Here is commentary from Clint Hendler at the Columbia Journalism Review.
- OpenTheGovernment.org’s statement on the OGD.
- The Sunshine in Government Initiative’s take on it.
- OMBWatch’s reaction.
- Andrea DiMaio’s more negative reaction.
- Commitments made by key agencies regarding implementation of the Open Government Directive.
- Deputy Chief Technology Officer Beth Noveck and Special Counsel and Special Assistant to the President Norm Eisen talking on Federal News Radio’s Daily Debrief.
- AP Story about the direction to release high-value data sets.